Thursday, June 7, 2007

News Times Live Saving energy can save money

News Times Live Saving energy can save money

By Robert Miller
THE NEWS-TIMES

It's fairly straightforward, said Ben Maldonado,owner of Scalzo Appliances in Danbury. Once consumers agree that energy-efficient appliances are worth the cost, and dealers start to feature them, they'll sell...

The state will also drop the sales tax on florescent light bulbs. That tax exemption will be retroactive to June 1 -- you must have the sales receipts to claim it for the first few days of the month -- and will be permanent...

"I think taking advantages of the energy efficiencies these appliances offer makes a lot of sense,'' said Charles Rothenberger, staff attorney for the Connecticut Fund for the Environment. "If anything I think the state needs to publicize this a lot more. I bought a bunch of weatherization stuff for my house a year-and-a-half ago, and I had no idea it was tax exempt...."